What Is A LifeGroup?
Following Jesus and Becoming Like Him
:: LifeGroups provide the optimal environment for growing as fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. We gather throughout the week in small groups with our friends and neighbors to live life together and experience the Gospel in ways we can’t on our own. LifeGroups typically consist of 8-12 people who gather regularly to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and one another. Jesus never intends us to follow Him in isolation. At Grace, nobody stands alone; everybody grows together!
:: Each LifeGroup uniquely reflects the people within it; every LifeGroup shares these essentials:
- Unique, although each shares the same values, no two are identical
- Meaningful relationships (knowing, loving and serving one another)
- Scripture (mining the depths of God’s Word together and applying it to our lives)
- Transparent (be open, real, and honest, encouraging one another and maintaining confidentiality)
- Prayer (seeking God together and interceding for one another, the city, and the world while remaining sensitive to those learning to pray)
- Open Chair (a commitment to reaching out to our frtiends and neighbors, an enviroment to invite people in the spheres of our influence to experience the gracew of our Lord)
- Serve (incarnating the love of Jesus by seeking to bless the lost, the lonely, and the least)
:: LifeGroups are a safe and welcoming place where we can laugh, cry, learn, grow, serve, and play together for glory of Jesus. You can expect to grow in your relationship with God, as well as have some fun with a few spiritual friends. LifeGroups are known to throw neighborhood BBQ’s, do yard work for elderly friends, work in children’s ministry together, visit others in the hospital, and throw birthday parties!
:: To see a list of our current LifeGroups, please click here.
:: To read the Seven Values of LifeGroups, please click here.